Fortrans is Now Hiring!
Dedicated, Regional, and OTR Class-A Truck Drivers in your area to haul refrigerated food products to outbound shippers. Fortrans is headquartered in Fort Atkinson, WI.
- Industry high weekly pay which only increases with experience
- Industry leading benefits - Health (70% company paid); Life (100% paid); Also Dental, Supplemental, and Prescriptions
- Frequent raises and annual longevity and safety bonuses
- Paid on all miles traveled, stop pay, and east coast premium pay
- 401k with company match
- Guaranteed weekly home time - typically home weekends
- Paid holidays, Paid time off, and Paid vacations
- Family oriented and professional team environment
- Late model assigned "condo style" equipment
- Job stability - no layoffs in history of company!
- Steady miles all year - average 2500 - 3000 per week
- Industry leading on-site maintenance
- No touch freight or option to unload and be paid to do so
This position will require driving the same route to the east coast. Once you complete your run, you will drive back to our terminal where another outbound load awaits you. Drivers typically make 2 trips per week (out & back/out & back). Typicaly drivers do a long run somewhere to the east coast followed by a short run to states like (OH, PA, etc.) in a week. Our drivers average 2500 - 3000 miles per week and are home every week - ask our drivers!
We offer no touch freight with the option to unload and be paid for it. We offer state of the art late-model assigned "condo-style" tractors equipped with in cab email service to your family while on the road. Fortrans employs the best mechanics in the industry! Our equipment is maintained on site with our 20 hour per day maintenance shop.
About The Company:
Fortrans is a family owned and operated company who was incorporated in 1985. Its parent company has been in trucking since it was established in 1928. Fortrans drivers are a very important part of our family and are treated like family! As a Fortrans driver, you are not just another truck number but an integral part of our team. Fortrans is proud to offer job stability to our drivers. Fortrans has never experienced a layoff in its history of operations.
Fortrans employees enjoy working in a team oriented and professional environment. We have a professional team of driver managers who work with you, the driver, to ensure success. our driver managers know you by name, you are not just another truck number with Fortrans.
- We offer industry high pay which only increases with experience
- Starting up to a base of $0.37 per mile - paid every week
- Drivers are paid on practical miles - our customers provide steady miles ALL year for you
- You determine your next pay raise, after every 65,000 miles your rate per mile is increased $0.005
- Attainable bonuses = additional $0.03 per mile
- We offer stop pay, short run pay and unloading pay
- Annual longevity and safety bonus: 1 year = $500; 2 years = $750; 3 years = $1,000; 4 years = $1,500; 5 years = $2,000
- East coast premium pay (all miles traveled)
Industry Leading Benefits:
- Paid Time Off - 1 week after 1 year; 2 weeks after 2 years; 3 weeks after 8 years
- Paid Holidays - After 60 days: Thanksgiving & Christmas
- Paid Vacation (personal holiday) - 2 days per year after 1 year of employment
- Pre Tax Flex Benefits - Use tax-free dollars to help pay for medical, vision, dental & various supplemental insurance coverage. This benefit saves you tax dollars during the year
- Health Insurance - Offered to you. Company pays 70% of the premium. You pay 30% with pre-tax dollars. Contributions per week (HMO): Single: $27.00; Single + 1: $60.00; Family: $91.00 (weekly contributions lower with continued employment longevity)
- Prescription drug card with NO annual deductibles
- Life Insurance - $15,000 policy provided for YOU at NO cost
- Dental & Supplemental Insurance - Offered to you with pre-tax dollars
- Retirement Plan - Profit sharing plan with 401(K) feature plus company matching contribution
- Current CDL-A license
- No DUI in last 3 years
- No drug convictions
- At least 23 years of age
- 2 years verifiable tractor/trailer experience
- Meet all Federal Motor Carrier D.O.T. requirements and safety qualifications
Pass D.O.T. pre-employment physical and drug screen at our authorized clinics
If you meet these requirements, then we want to meet YOU!